Extensively used for building and road construction, our Garnet Sand is 100% pure and free from unwanted materials. We are a top-notch Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Garnet Sand from Andhra Pradesh, India. Superfine texture and excellent quality are the attributes of our Garnet Sand that have attracted a number of buyers from all round the globe. Feel free to place small as well as bulk orders of Garnet Sand with us!
Garnet (Mg,Fe,Ca)3Al2Si3O12 :
- Garnet is ground to a variety of sizes to be used as an abrasive. Garnet is also used in sandpaper, sanding belts, discs, and strips. Today, garnet is used as an abrasive blasting mineral for water filtration (jet cutting) and to make abrasive powders.
- Garnet is often ground up and used as an abrasive. For example, it is used for garnet sandpaper, sanding belts, discs, and strips. Most is used as an abrasive blasting material, for water filtration, in water jet cutting, and to make abrasive powders.
- Garnet: Used for its abrasive properties, especially in the creation offenses.
- Garnet is often used as an abrasive because of how hard it is. It can bemused as an abrasive blasting material in "water jet cutting," but has also been used in more simple grinding tools such as sandpaper to finish metals and wood.It is also a gem used in jewelry.
- Garnet : The majority of garnet mining is used to make abrasive powders and actas an abrasive blasting material for water filtration. However, It can also beused to make sanding belts, discs and strips.
- garnet - it is used to make abrasives such as sand paper and sand belts. Now though, it is also used in a water filtration technique called water jetcutting.
- Garnet -- Because of its hardness (between 6 and 7.5 on the Moh's scale), and its lack of cleavage (when it breaks it fractures into sharp irregular pieces), garnet is often used an abrasive mineral. It can be ground into various sizes and used as sandpaper, as well as in sanding belts, discs, and strips. It also is widely used as an abrasive blasting material in water filtration, in a process called water jet cutting. These uses are such juxtaposition to the small amount of garnet that is pure and flawless enough to be cut as gemstones!
- Garnet is used as an abrasive and/or filtration material because of it'shardness level and because it resists degredation.
Analysis & Characteristics :
- Alumina[as Al2 O3] : 21%
- Iron[as Fe2 O3] : 31%
- Silica[as Si O2] : 35%
- Magnesium[as Mg O] : 8%
- Calcium[as Ca O] : 1.5%
- Titanium[as Ti O2] : 1.0%
- Lead[as P2 O5] : 0.05%
- Manganese[as MnO] : 0.5%
- Zircon[as ZrO2 : Traces
- Chloride Content : Less than 50 ppm
- Soluble Salts : Less than 100 ppm
- Ph of Aqueous Medium : 6.93
- Gypsum Content : Nil
- Moisture Content : Less than 0.5%
- Carbonate Content : Traces
- Loss On Ignition : Nil
- Metal Content : Traces [Specifically Free Iron, Free Copper and Other Heavy Metals]
Other Characteristics :
- Crystal System : Cubic
- Fracture : Sub-Conchoidal
- Durability : Very good
- Free Flow : 90% Minimum
- Susceptibility to Acid : None
- Moisture Absorption : Non Hygroscopic, Inert.
- Magnetism : Very Slightly Magnetic
- Conductivity : 10 Microsiemens per Meter
- Radio Activity : Not Detectable above background
- Pathological Effects : None
- Free Silica Content : None
- .25 Kg imported Multi-ply valve type paper bag
- .25 Kg HDPE bag
- .1 M.T Jumbo bags
- .40 x 25 Kg bags on shrink wrapped to pallets or to Jumbo bags Special packing as per the customer requirement